Oh the major Third Eye! I’m sure you’ve heard all about this sixth chakra. It’s almost impossible to scroll through any spiritual related sites or groups without something about the Third Eye popping up. So why is the Third Eye so important? Centered in the middle of the eyebrows, it is the center of our intuition, our perception, our imagination, and our intellect. The Third Eye allows us to see into the “other” realm. Opening it up and having it balanced assist in speaking to spirit, seeing the future and past, as well as being connected to our higher guides and higher beings. It is best to try to view everything in your real life through your Third Eye, that way you can see things as they are, instead of by your Heart Chakra that would help you see by emotions. Think of the Third Eye seeing what is true, and the Heart Chakra as feelings. Both of these can work great together, but even some things need to be seen from different perspectives. The Third Eye Chakra is associated with the pineal gland, which is a gland in the brain that has been getting a lot of attention by doctors and pseudoscience. This gland produces melatonin, helping with sleep patterns. Some believing that it is the spiritual seat of the soul. It’s element is considered to be cosmic light.
Using your Third Eye can be difficult at first. Things can appear blurry and the mind can have a difficult time processing if what is being seen with the Third Eye is truly real. You will wonder if you are crazy by the way you see things and what you are seeing. Just like with anything else, you have to trust yourself, your instincts and have faith that what you are seeing is how and what you perceive past the veil. For some people, seeing through the Third Eye can be as clear as seeing things as you would through your own eyes. The Third Eye is not controlled by ego as our own two eyes are. Once you are able to disconnect yourself from ego it is much easier to not only see with your own eyes, but with the Third Eye as well.
What are some symptoms of an imbalanced chakra?
- Paranoia, which can also be related to an imbalanced Root Chakra
- Narrow mindedness related to religion.
- Overactive clairvoyance. Not being able to “shut off” your celestial sight and it causing distraction, needless worry and anxiety
- Being self absorbed
- Being narcissistic
- Not being able to experience the emotional or spiritual side of life. Not seeing the beauty in life. This can also be related to a imbalanced Heart and Throat Chakra
- Caring more about how others see you
- Doing too much thinking. Not enough action.
- Denial or a black and white thinking
- Not seeing beyond the surface
- Thinking people view you poorly
- Extreme daydreaming, creating fantasies in your own mind and illusions of what you believe to be real
Signs of an overactive Third Eye Chakra:
- Vision problems
- Sinus issues
- Mental fog
- Feeling overwhelmed
We are brought up in a world where we are told what is right and wrong, what is real and what is real and what is fake, and by this our chakras can be easily blocked and imbalanced. We close ourselves off to all possibilities that there may be more to the world than just our daily lives. We choose to see what we want to see versus what is really there. We find ourselves closed off because we are raised to believe that there is no veil and that our own illusions and beliefs are what is real. Other reasons for an imbalance can include:
- Denial and the inability to face the truth. Even denying ourselves that we are the children of Gods and that we are made in their likeness can be hard to comprehend when we have been told for so long that we are less. That we are merely ants whose job is to work and work.
- Emotional and physical abuse. Anyone who has experienced it knows that this is the breakdown of your mind and body. Believing in the lies of someone else’s perception and believing that you are less than what you deserve to be
- Drugs and alcohol are two main things that will definitely block your chakras. When you start balancing your chakras you will start experiencing flu like symptoms which is your body releasing the toxins that it has been carrying in it. When you consume alcohol or drugs, including nicotine, caffeine and unhealthy foods, this starts to block your chakras, especially your Third Eye.
There are many different ways to balance your Third Eye Chakra. Repeating affirmations daily can help in balancing and changing a negative perspective into a positive one. Daily affirmations include:
- I see
- I see the truth in all situations
- I trust my intuition and inner wisdom
- I accept my path and purpose
- I am healing in mind, body and spirit
Visualizations during meditation can also help. Imagine a spinning indigo blue ball of energy between your eyebrows. Imagine it starting to spin and growing brighter and brighter. You can also use crystals to help balance your Third Eye chakra. Crystals to use can be lapis luzuli, indigo, sodalite, saphire, azurite, celestite, and amethyst. You can try eating foods that will help balance the chakra, such as figs, grapes or raisins, blackberries, prunes and or eggplant. You can also use aromatherapy by lighting a candle. Scents include geranium, basil, jasmine, lavendar and rosemary. If you are experiencing an overactive chakra, try to imagine that a small wave is running over you. This will help relieve pressure and headache. You can also use over the counter medication, lots of rest and focusing on the here and now.
When your Third Eye chakra is balanced, you will feel open and focused. You will have a deeper spiritual connection and it will be easier to determine between truth and illusion. It will be easier to concentrate and you will see thing for what they really are.