Glowing a bright green and with the element of air, the Heart Chakra, the fourth chakra, controls love of self and others. It connects us to our emotional selves and helps us to forgive and love. It is the center of your energy system and the location of our “God spark”. It is our connection that our souls have back to source, located in the middle of our chest. You need to have an awareness that consciously and spiritually you put your needs first, but this comes with a fine line. It is the relationship that you have for yourself that will build way for the relationship that you have with others. Oddly enough, it is the spiritual purpose of experiencing suffering and loss that will assist in opening our Heart Chakras more fully to all emotions and others. Those who have experienced more suffering early in their lives, are more open to be empaths and feeling the need to heal humanity. It is your love for life that creates these gifts, but if the Heart Chakra is not balanced, it can create issues in your life. An out of balance Heart Chakra can make you feel any of the following:
- Emotionally closed off
- Unable to accept appreciation and support from others
- Being over critical and only seeing the faults in others
- Feelings of superiority. This can be connected to ego.
- Pushing away others in fear of rejection. This an also be connected to ego
- Being out of touch with your emotions. Instead of actually paying attention to your emotions and acknowledging them, you tend to try to ignore them and push them on the back burner which can eventually lead to an emotional melt down
- Cynicism- believing that others are out for themselves
- Being withdrawn and feeling isolated from everyone else
- Feeling hatred towards others and holding onto that anger
- Over-loving and self-centeredness
- Abandoning everything in your life
- Strong feelings of loneliness and bitterness
So what can cause all these imbalances? There are quite a few things that can cause these imbalances, but remember that these things can be changed by balancing your chakras and by self healing. By acknowledging these things it makes it easier to heal and to remove these blockages. If you refuse to allow yourself to emotionally heal, you will continue to experience depression, anxiety and stress when trying to deal with your everyday life or trying to use your gifts. Here is a list of things that can cause an imbalance:
- Feelings of abandonment and betrayal
- An under active Solar Plexus. The Solar Plexus, when is not balanced, can cause feelings of lack of self confidence, depression, and the need to “people please”
- An unwillingness to accept and heal from the things that caused someone the most pain. We tend to think that we have “moved on” or we choose to “ignore” the things that happened in our past, but these things can still pop up in our daily lives through triggers and just a sense of not feeling complete. Once you start to release these things you will feel like a great weight has lifted off of you because you will no longer be carrying around the weight of the past.
- Cultural influences can also cause an imbalance. We tend to raise boys to believe that they can not be emotional or that women can not have the jobs of men. In many cultures this has taken a side step in pursuit of equal rights and advancement, but there are still many cultures where these things are not permitted.
- Searching for love without loving yourself first. This can throw off an already balanced Heart Chakra without intending too. Remember that you must love yourself first and that love in a romantic way will happen when the Divine feels that you are ready.
- Over focusing on love
- Disregarding love
- Extreme amounts of stress towards someone you love
The Heart Chakra is very important in your day to day life. The healing can sometimes be more complex because of where it is rooted and it is in control of. When working on healing the Heart Chakra, recognize what you feel. Dig down deep and bring into the light feelings and emotions that you have been holding onto. Here’s a few different ways you will want to really focus on that will help assist in your healing:
- Imagine your life in rewind. See it going back from now, as far back as you can go. If you find that you are stopping at certain moments in your life, focus on these moments to find out why they stand out. What were you doing? Where were you? How did you feel? What else was going on around you? Who else was there? Acknowledge these feelings and write them down so that you can remember them in order to release them.
- Write down every year of your life, from the womb until now.
- 1 year-
- 2 years-
As you do this, think back on anything you may have felt during these years. Did you sense tension? Was there fighting or arguing between adults? Was there abuse? Did you having feelings of unworthiness and lack of love? Write these down. It can be as detailed as you want. You will use this to help in finding the root of where these emotions and experiences are.
- Seeking professional help. There’s nothing wrong with needing a therapist or counselor.
- Learning to forgive. This is an important life lesson that we here on Earth need to learn. Forgiveness helps with understanding and compassion for others. Most people think they cannot ever forgive someone for hurting them, but once you do, you realize that by forgiving, you are no longer allowing that person to have control over you by letting them control your emotions. You will find a more sense of calmness and you will be more at peace with yourself.
- Past life regression can help you by removing and healing old trauma carried over into this life. Past lives can influence how you feel in this life by causing unneeded anxieties and feelings that you need to learn how to release in order to move on from past life trauma. Keep in mind that anything that comes over into this life can be an important life lesson so you will need to pay attention to what it is trying to tell you. A life lesson will never be negative but will always be something that will help with spiritual growth.
Other ways to help in healing the Heart Chakra include daily affirmations. Say these once or multiple times a day:
- I love
- I love myself
- I am a being of compassion
- I share my love with everyone
- I live in balance and harmony
- I release all ears, concerns and worries and give them to a higher power
- I open myself to receiving unconditional love from myself and others
- I know forgiveness
- I am one
If you are a visual person, imagine a glowing green wheel located over your chest. Focus on it glowing brighter and brighter. Also try crystal therapy using rose quartz, jade, malachite, emerald and peridot. Eat lots of green foods such as broccoli, cabbage, lettuce and so much more. Since the Heart Chakra is controlled by air, so breath in pure therapeutic aromas such as ylang ylang, rose, jasmine, vetiver, pine and rosewood. Try taking a step outside in nature and find yourself connecting with the wind, drive with the window down, and practice deep breathing during a focused meditation.
After you have gone through self healing and have balanced your Heart Chakra, you will find a sense of peace and calmness. You will experience unconditional love for yourself and others. You will feel lighter and free from all the things that use to weigh you down. You will also find that energy runs more smoothly and that your energy is much stronger. You will feel the need to not argue with others and will be able to express yourself lovingly, as well as be able to understand from another person’s perspective. You will be able to perceive things separated from ego.