The Sacral Chakra is located in your reproductive area, located below your belly button. It is the center of our sexuality, our wants and desires, our creativity and vitality. It is associated with our relationships with others, our abilities in giving and receiving, and our sexual and passionate love. It is the second chakra with the element of water. It is governed by the gonads and looks after our pelvic girdle, kidneys, bodily fluids, reproductive organs and our kidneys. When it is unbalanced, you can experience the following:
- The feeling of being out of touch with your physical body, neglecting and exhausting it.
- Feelings of jealousy, guilt and possessiveness.
- Sex addiction. It’s a real thing. Check out Tiger Woods.
- Being ashamed of your body and or your sexuality.
- Not enjoying the small things in life.
- You feel out of touch with your emotions and your sensual nature.
- You find yourself now allowing time for relaxation or recreational activities.
- Suffering from a lack of spontaneity.
- Having a lack of energy, vitality and joy.
There could be multiple reasons for having an unbalanced Sacral Chakra. These reasonings could be:
- A weakened Base (Root) Chakra
- Making no time for hobbies or fun. Believing that it is a waste of time where you could be doing more important things.
- Experienced sexual abuse.
- Not recognizing our needs for comfort, enjoyment and stimulation.
- Being miserable and mean all the time.
- Growing up in a family that didn’t place value on feelings of joy and pleasure and the importance of overall emotional feelings.
- A history of opening yourself up to sexual partners who mistreat you and using sex to try to keep someone or for attention.
Once you’ve acknowledged what is the root cause of your unbalanced chakra, it will take some work to get it back in place, but the outcome is well worth it. There are mutliple ways to balance your Sacral Chakra and there’s a variety of ways to find what works for you. One way is through positive affirmations. Here are some examples of positive affirmations that you can repeat daily.
- I acknowledge my uniqueness
- I am a sensual and creative being
- I attract only whole and nurturing relationships into my life
- My senses are alive and connected
- I embrase life with passion and feel abundant joy
- I am healthy, beautiful, and strong
- I feel
You can also do a visualisation, imagining a orange wheel spinning over your Sacral Chakra. Imagine it spinning clockwise and picturing it glowing brighter and brighter. Since the Sacral Chakras color is orange, you can wear orange clothes, eat orange colored food and foods including almonds and chocolate. An excellent reason to eat that chocolate bar! Also try to surround yourself with orange objects. If you are interested in crystal therapy, try placing one of these crystals over your Sacral Chakra, red and brown advertine, red garnet, red jasper or carnelian. If you are interested in aromatherapy, you can try to use as as body scrub or in a bath, orange, neroli, rosewood, grapefruit (my favorite to use), tangerine jasmine, clary sage, bergamot and geranium. If you enjoying being around nature and feel it easier for you to meditate and ground yourself, spend some time by a ocean, lake or river. Play in the rain, wade or swim in water, and don’t forget that drinking water doesn’t only help balance this chakra, but it is also good for your health!
Once your chakra is balanced, you will have an understanding of the importance of taking time out of your busy schedule for fun and relaxation. You will know and understand that sex is a part of self expression and that you share it with someone that you feel an emotional, healthy relationship with.